Saturday 4 February 2012

Audience

Looking at my opinion poll and the feasibility of filming, I have decided to use 'My Sweet Revenge' as my film.
It will be a
certificate as the actors performing in it will be around 16-17 years old, and 15+ will find this more appealing. It will contain too much gore and be too scary for a
certificate, but if it was an
, it wouldn't be scary enough and it would not be possible to watch for the majority of my target audience.
My target audience are 15-21 year old's (older teenagers, young adults), and it would appeal mostly to females as the characters in the film the audience are supposed to relate to and sympathize for are females.

The text will appeal to my audience as females from the same age will be able to relate to the females performing in the film. It will be scary by using subtle gore and scary jump cuts to make the audience jump. I will not exclude the male audience as they are likely to be the secondary audience who accompany with females when watching the film, therefore I will have some male characters to sympathize with and relate to in the same age bracket, but these characters will not be the main characters.


I asked people in my sixth form (who are the representative age group - 16-18 year olds) what their favourite horror film was. The top five results were Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Sorority Row, The Grudge and The exorcist.

I will research these films and see if they can influence some of the horror conventions in my film

No comments:

Post a Comment